Is there anything better than the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? I’m pretty sure even the tried and true peanut butter and jelly combo can’t compete with peanut butter and chocolate. And that is why these peanut butter chocolate bars are one of my favorites. They are no-bake, only require 5 ingredients, and are melt in your mouth good.
I love peanut butter on so many things. I like it on toast in the morning for breakfast, or saltine crackers for a snack, in overnight oats, or just straight out of the jar. But, again, nothing tops peanut butter paired with chocolate.
These bars are a breeze to whip up and are always a hit. They are one of my go-to’s when I need a quick and easy dessert to take to a party or gathering. The recipe will make a full 9 x 13 pan of them, which, trust me, is a lot. If I am making these for a smaller gathering, I often cut the recipe in half, and it is still plenty. They are quite rich, so cut them small.
With only 5 ingredients, you just can’t go wrong. I do think it is best to let them set up over night, though. It’s not absolutely necessary – a few hours would probably be enough – but I do think it is better. So, make sure you plan accordingly when preparing them.
- 1 c. butter - melted
- 1 1/2 c. crushed graham crackers (~10-12 full sheets)
- 1 1/2 c. peanut butter
- ~4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Mix in crushed graham crackers, peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
- Pack mixture down into greased 9 x 13 pan. (I just use a fork to pack it down.)
- Melt chocolate chips over medium-low heat.
- Spread over peanut butter mixture.
- Let set up overnight.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!