Inside: Read on for 10 fantastic DIY home improvement projects that will transform the look of your space.
I love DIY and home improvement. I think it’s an inherited trait. My dad has always been in the construction business, and he can literally do any DIY home improvement project out there.
Growing up, my mom liked to change things up and keep the house updated. So, there was often remodeling/redecorating going on somewhere within our house.
And now, it’s the same story at my own house. I love being able to keep things fresh in our home, and I have a DIY project list a mile long at all times. I’m sure my husband loves it. Ha!
One of the things that I love about being able to do things myself, is that I am able to save a lot of money. We don’t have a lot of extra money to spend on home improvement projects, but fortunately, we don’t need it. And with just a little time and effort, you, too, can have a beautiful, and more functional, home.
Here are 10 fantastic DIY home improvement projects that will transform your house.
1. How We Installed Hardwood Floors DIY – I absolutely love hardwood floors. They are timeless and always classy. They will instantly elevate the look of any space, and Sherry over at Savvy Apron shows us how to do-it-ourselves.
2. Simple Weekend Shiplap Wall – Shiplap is hugely popular right now, and I can totally see why. It adds so much character and interest to any space. Even without decor, a plain old wall becomes appealing with just a bit of shiplap. Cindy from DIY Beautify shows us this little wall that she added shiplap to in very little time and even using leftover material.
3. Faux Shiplap Wall for $20 – Here’s another shiplap wall that was done for only $20. I told you that awesome home improvement doesn’t have to be expensive! Tylynn from Bitterroot DIY gives you the full tutorial on how to do this in your own home.
4. How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets – I love white kitchen cabinets. We had our kitchen cabinets painted white a few years ago, and I still love them! I was pregnant at the time, so we ended up hiring someone to do it for us. Christine of The DIY Dreamer shows us the budget friendly way to do-it-yourself. What a transformation!
5. 5 Minute DIY Under Cabinet Lighting – Under cabinet lighting in the kitchen can be so helpful. Who doesn’t need more light in the kitchen? And did you know that you can have your own under cabinet lighting in approximately 5 minutes (or less!). You won’t want to miss this one!
6. How to Build a Fireplace – A fireplace is another thing that can quickly elevate the look of any space. Don’t have a fireplace or chimney in your home? Don’t worry! Maureen over at Red Cottage Chronicles shows us how to build an electric fireplace an any room that you choose.
7. How to Add Character to a Kitchen Peninsula or Kitchen Island – Kitchen islands and peninsulas can be wonderful to have in the kitchen. But often, we focus on decorating the top of the counter and pay no attention to what is down below. Christina from The Frugal Homemaker shows us how to add some amazing character to the base of a kitchen island or peninsula.
8. How to Paint a Faux Concrete wall in Five Easy Steps – Concrete is becoming more and more popular within home decor. People are doing the countertops, as well as their floors, with concrete, and I’m totally loving it. Marianne from Songbird Blog shows us how to easily create a faux concrete wall.
9. How to Make Built-in Pantry Shelves with Drawers – I love having an organized house. And the more I use a space, the more important it is that it be organized. What’s one of the most used spaces in any house? The pantry. Eileen from Just Measuring Up shows us how to build shelves and drawers to help improve organization and functionality within the panty.
10. DIY Board and Batten – Board and batten is another trend that I really love. It adds so much character and is a ton of bang for your buck. It’s fairly simple to install and will totally transform any space. Christine from Pinspired to DIY show us just how to do it.
So, there you have it. 10 amazing projects that you can do yourself in order to improve, and beautify, your home.
What are you waiting for?! Grab some supplies and get to work!